Hi Friends! Happy Monday once again!
Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. Things are usually pretty quiet around here, but not these days. I’ve got a full house right now with both kiddos and even a wee puppy here to keep me company, and lots to do before school starts up in a few short weeks. Summer is working it’s way toward the end, and as always, it seems there is suddenly much to get done….meetings and appointments and doctors and shopping…. times two for me this year, as I will have both of my munchkins in college. As a matter of fact, the wee Missy Nik and I are off to orientation today.
Wish me luck! This ol’ mom is going to need it!
This weekend, I found myself in somewhat of a gift wrapping emergency. Very last-minute plans were made to get together to celebrate two summer birthdays for my friends Amy and Susie, and although I had the gifts, I was totally unprepared with the wrapping.
What I needed was something small for the cute purse charm key rings I was gifting. Something along the lines of a jewelry box, and not the big gift bags I tend to keep on hand. Something, too, that I could put together quickly, last minute as this was. So I pulled out one of my favorite pillow box dies from Sizzix to create some very easy gift packaging, and then dressed them up with new summer products from Sizzix, including stamps, dies, and even new paper, too.
I’ve got a quick tutorial to share, in case you’re in ever in need of any last minute quick and easy gift packaging ideas.
1. Gather your supplies. For this project, I used the new 3-D Butterflies Bigz Die from the Where Women Cook collection. The patterned paper is from the same line and comes in a pad called Have A Little Party. The birthday stamp and tag are from the new Tag Sentiments #2 Framelits w/Stamps set by Lori Whitlock. And for small gift items, you can’t beat the Fancy Pillow Box Die.
2. Die cut the pillow box from patterned paper. You may notice that the paper pad is perfectly sized to fit the Sizzix Bigz dies, so no pre-cutting of paper is even needed. To die cut with Bigz dies, use this Sizzix die cutting sandwich: Standard Cutting Pad, Die (cutting side up), paper, Standard Cutting Pad.
3. Fold the pillow box along the crease lines. Place gift item inside, and thread the box with twine or ribbon through the die cut holes. I used a tiny piece of red-lined tape on the end of the flap to keep it snug against the box. Then just fold in the ends of the box to close.
4. Die cut the 3-D Butterfly from patterned paper from the pad, and assemble the butterflies by slipping one shape into the slit on the second. No adhesive is even necessary.
5. Tuck one wing of the butterfly behind the twine tie. Add a foam dot behind the butterfly to secure it in place.
6. Stamp the sentiment onto watercolor cardstock, and die cut it with the matching tag die.
7. Color the inside of the tag shape with Distress ink.
So quick and easy! And best thing is, this pillow box die is on sale right now, through the end of the month at Sizzix.com. I’ll link you to all the products below.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Wishing you all a wonderful day!
The supplies I’ve used today are linked and/or listed below:
American Crafts light blue hemp twine